Thursday

Speaker comes to talk about King Corn

The producers of King Corn came to talk to class today. When we were talking and discussing the movie, it was really interesting and made a huge impact on the way I viewed food. It’s so easy to just pick things off the shelves, and never look at what is going into your food. After talking about this, I went grocery shopping and made a conscious effort to try and buy things organic or without high fructose corn syrup or any processed soy beans. What I have found is that it is easy to find these things, but it is also hard at the same time. Soy beans are now taking the place of corn. I found it in almost 10 things I was about to buy. It’s a little harder to find and more expensive to buy organic things, but I feel the change will be healthier. This may be the reason that a lot of people are obese. People are not conscious of the foods we eat, and do not know what is going into our foods. This is kinda scary and I think we need to know and make a change in order to be healthy.

No comments: