Thursday

Projects

So we have final projects and at first we were going to do the effects of r&b music through out class and culture. However, it’s a big project and 15 minutes might not be enough time. In class we have never talked about the military as an institution. The military has a huge presence in Hawaii, and has had a negative effect on the land on the Hawaiian people. It would be interesting to look at that. I am from Hawaii so I know a lot of the information, but I know there are some things that I do not know. Hawaii is never looked at in a lot of ways. I feel that sometimes Hawaii is the ignored state of the United States. Why did the United States want us anyways? Well the truth of the matter is land and trade. A lot of people never know the history of Hawaii and the struggle that the people have to go through. I think this would be an interesting subject to bring to light, and inform the class and the social, economic, and cultural struggles that Hawaiian People and the land have had to endure.

No comments: